Friday, December 21, 2007

mama pukes, ruah digs it

ruah and i just got done playing an amazing round of "baby puts her hand in mama's mouth and mama pukes a little" for about 45 minutes.
she's here at my side, helping me write this, making sure i get the facts straight.
llkkkkk....(ruah's side of the story)
jiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiioo[ijoipjioj
she'll probably pipe up here from time to time.
she's a good writer; i'm so proud.

so we sat here on our big, puffy, purple, woman couch and giggled and drooled, both of us.
she'd put her fingers in my big mama mouth and hold my tongue while i would try to say "i love you ruah" in the most intelligible fashion:
"i uv ooooo ooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh"
(my writing, not hers)
and then she'd stealthily plunge her whole fist into my mouth and get me to gag and puke a little spinach we just ate for lunch.
she was thrilled to the point that gagging and puking had to continue or she was going to give no rest to her version of protest: cry and cry harder.
it was like i was finally understanding her, finally speaking her heart language:
gag. puke. repeat.
ruah makes the most amazing sounds. she constantly sounds in awe. she paddles over to some puzzle pieces on the floor and picks one up, crosses her eyes, oohs and ahhs in this amazing heaven-born harp like sound and then paddles off to some dirt balls on the floor, some beard droppings from michael's trim trab, some corners of crusty cheese. her oohs and ahhs are non-discriminatory; she'll marvel at anything.
i'm wondering when she'll start getting attitude and saying "no! mama! no! no!"
it was a shock to the ol' heart to hear mozea say those words for the first time, and now there's no stopping her. mozie's producing neurons and attitude in equal measure. the smarter she gets, the more insane.
i continue to pat my misshapen hip bones, my pushed-out-of-orbit-from-laboring-these-babies into-the-world hip bones, and think about our crazy life with these red-headed bobbing about wonders.
my body will never be the same.
my life, as well.
and my heart, 10 times bigger and better and more exhausted than ever.
i've never been so in love and so grumpy in my entire life.